Snapshot #03 – LUcas Digne – everton
A quick snapshot review, stats and points to consider on how Lucas Digne is an amazing differential to shoot you up the ranks.
OWNERSHIP: 7.6% & 4.73% in Top 10kEmbed from Getty Images
• First things first, as usual here are the upcoming fixtures for Everton and added to the fact that there’s a potential for a double in 28 with a game against Aston Villa (according to BenCrellin)
• Digne is a very attacking fullback which is clearly shown by his heatmap here:
• Stats wise Digne is on 8 assists in 16 games this season from an xA of 3.22 which even though it shows he is outperforming, does also mean he has clinical strikers in front of him who are good in the air (Dominic Calvert Lewin).
• Just for perspective on how mental this stat is, here is a comparison by @FPLfrasier which shows how good a season Digne is having:
• The main con for Digne is the Goalkeeper Pickford, who is one of the worst-performing Goalkeepers in the league this season. Which is shown by this graphic (-3.2) which shows he has conceded 3 more goals than he should have according to the model.
• This is one of the main reasons why he has not got a big haul yet. However, 4 of the next 5 fixtures are against West Brom, Southampton, Burnley and Palace. West Brom Burnley and Crystal Palace are 4 of the bottom 5 clubs in the xG charts which show there is a good chance of them getting a CS in them.
• Another key aspect in the upcoming fixture schedule is that is there is a lot of fixture congestion in them, and Everton unlike the others aren’t involved in Europe so will have additional rest days. Unlike teams like Man City where Pep has hinted there will be rotation.
• Here is a comparison of his opponents in the double game week by @LeafyDragon_FPL
• Digne has amazing attacking potential and although the clean sheet potential isn’t that likely the fixtures have a high potential of getting them.