Snapshot #04 – Jesse Lingard – West HaM
A quick snapshot review, stats and points to consider on how Jesse Lingard is a fantastic differential to shoot you up the ranks.
OWNERSHIP: 4.8% overall & 0.4% in Top 10kEmbed from Getty Images
• West Ham this season are a much-improved team and not one of old who gets beaten easily or seen as an easy fixture on the FDR.
• They play in the blank which is a major boost, however the major con for Lingard is that he cant play in GW28 due to him facing his parent club Man Utd.
• The main attraction for Lingard is the Leeds fixture this week. As we know Leeds, give away chances for fun, and players who get in behind generally have the joy in goalscoring terms against them which Lingard excels in and from my POV is a good differential captain.
• Despite blanking in GW28, with him being only 6.0 I think he can easily be benched for one week with the value that he gives.
• Now to the statistical part of the argument. Lingard since signing for West Ham in January has recorded 3 goals and 2 assists (1 a penalty win against Sheffield United).
• In 5 games so far he’s recorded an xG of 1.36 and xA of 1.40.
• In those 5 matches he has had 16 shots of which 8 are in the box which is a very healthy number and has also created 2 big chances.
• If we compare the last 5 games amongst all the players in the league only Fernandes and Gundogan have scored more goals than the West ham midfielder.
• Here we look at heatmaps, Lingard on left and Antonio on the right which show that Lingard plays well further forward and hence possessing a huge goal threat
• With many looking to replace the injured Harvey Barnes I think Lingard is the best option amongst midfielders to look at. Here is a comparison of Lingard and Saka per 90mins (The other option many people are looking at ) which shows he is clearly outstating his opponent.
• Even if we compare his stats to Gündogan again we can see that the output of Lingard per 90 has been amazing.
Lingard is an amazing option based on current form at 6M with West ham also looking a well-oiled unit and in the tougher games too he always has the capacity to score on the counter.